We are actively monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak. Please check this website for updates & resources.
COVID Test Sites (1/19/2020)
We ARE testing for COVID in our office and have sectioned off an area to do so safely, Test results take 2-5 days. We can also arrange for testing done at a Mass General Brigham site as part of a virtual visit (video or phone call).
Additionally, Please see this map for available test sites in your area.
FREE testing: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread
COVID Vaccine (1/19/2020)
We do not have vaccine available for patients at this time. For more information about COVID vaccine please visit CDC and Mass Dept of Health sites:
UPDATES IN OFFICE PROTOCOLS (6/30/2020)
- Only one parent may accompany each child for a visit (both parents may attend the newborn and 2 week visits only). All parents and patients over the age of 2 years must wear a mask while in the office. Please do not bring siblings to the visit unless they also have an appointment scheduled.
- All patients and parents will have temperature taken at check in and will be asked to use hand sanitizer. If fever detected, you will be asked to leave and reschedule your visit.
Centre Pediatrics is committed to continuing to provide health care services to the fullest extent possible. In order to keep providing care in the safety of your home, when possible and clinically appropriate, we are conducting many visits by telemedicine (both telephone and video visits). While we recognize that there are limitations to this format compared to face-to-face in person visits, we will do our best to continue caring for your children by conducting follow up and sick visits via telemedicine (face-to-face via computer or by phone). Our MDs & NPs will be available Monday through Friday to assess your child and provide guidance and treatment recommendations over the phone or computer. We will continue to remain open for necessary well visits and sick visits that cannot be adequately assessed via virtual visit. Per Governor Baker’s March 15th order on telehealth, insurance companies are required to cover any medically necessary services delivered via telehealth, whether related to COVID-19 or not. Telemedicine visits should be covered by insurance companies but extent of coverage may vary based on individual insurance plans.
Telephone advice: Our doctors and NPs will continue to give advice by phone. Your insurance company may be billed, depending on the level of care (time, complexity) provided.
Please call our office to schedule your telemedicine visit.
4/13/2020: Important update regarding Asthma Action Plans: If your child has an asthma action plan (AAP) for management of either reactive airway disease or asthma please read this important update regarding AAP and COVID-19.
Breastfeeding and COVID-19 (4/13/2020)
If you are a breastfeeding mother and are suspected of having COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19:
- Your breastmilk is still the best source of nutrition for your baby.
- The safest and preferred way to feed your infant is to pump your breastmilk and have a healthy or non-COVID positive caregiver feed the infant your expressed breastmilk.
- If pumping is not possible and/or a non-COVID caretaker is not available, the mother should breastfeed wearing a mask.
Please feel free to call our office if you have further questions regarding these recommendations.
4/16/2020: Smoking and vaping may increase the risk of serious health complications with COVID-19. See MGH information sheet here.
WALK-IN CLINIC SUSPENDED
Please disregard all other information regarding walk-in clinic on other pages of our website.
In order to maximize safety for our patients and staff, Walk-in-Clinic at Centre Pediatrics has been suspended effective 3/13/2020.
We will continue to see patients for sick visits as scheduled visits ONLY.
We are screening all patients who schedule visits by phone for coronavirus (COVID-19). Additionally, all patients and families who come to scheduled clinic visits will be screened at check-in to help decrease the spread of this illness among our patient population. Any patients who screen positive by phone, will be asked to stay at home as our providers work with you and the MA Department of Public Health to determine the next steps for care. If you or a family member has traveled in the last 30 days OR if you have had a confirmed exposure to a patient with coronavirus EVEN if you are well, please call our office and do not come to the office or to your regularly scheduled appointment.
Below is a list of trusted resources regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- CDC page for all updated information as well as travel information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- The American Academy of Pediatrics: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/chest-lungs/Pages/2019-Novel-Coronavirus.aspx
Coronavirus COVID-19 Hotline (staffed by Partners Healthcare medical providers): any patient or member of the public is encouraged to contact the call line with questions and concerns and for reliable, expert information about the developing situation regarding Coronavirus. Please call Phone Number: 617-724-7000, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.